Saturday, October 22, 2011

Halloween!

             I love Halloween! Dressing up, costumes, the taste of candy corn, trick or treaters at your door... the list goes on and on. I think as a little kid the excitement of Halloween revolved around the candy and how much I would get. I'm sure it's the same for almost any child. I loved to dump out my spoils at the end of the night and trade with my siblings for what I thought was the best stuff. My parents would sit with us and mooch off our candy.. and we would let them.. unless they took our favorite. 

           As I got older, I received the responsibility of taking my three younger brothers trick or treating. This was always so much fun. I enjoyed seeing the excitement on their faces which was almost as much fun as if I were trick or treating myself. I loved going trick or treating with them. I also loved to stand at the door and hand out candy to all the little kids who came along. 

Halloween excitement started again once I started college. My roommate freshman year loved Halloween and insisted that we go to the Halloween dance. I didn't know what to be, and didn't really want to go, but she loved it so much, so we went together.. and we had a BLAST! My costume - tickled pink. 
Jess as Mad Cow Disease and Me as "Tickled Pink"
          Sophomore year after realizing how much fun it was to dress up and go to dances, I decided to try again. That year I was a poodle skirt girl. My roommate was cloud nine. 


            Last year, I spent Halloween with my roommate and her family in Monticello, and we took her little brothers trick or treating for Halloween. Once again I realized how much fun Halloween is to a child, and I think I had more fun than they did. This year, my roommate is on a mission, but I know how much Halloween means to her and has come to mean to me. My roommates and I decided to be the cereal icons. We hit up D.I. and Michaels for some colored duct tape and t-shirts, and put together our costumes. They were super easy and cheap but fun and ended up looking great. We had a great time. 
Me as "Buzz" the Honeynut Cheerios Honeybee

Me as Buzz and Lexi as Tony the Tiger (Frosted Flakes)

The group - missing Lisa ( Lexi as Tony the Tiger, Katy as Lucky from Lucky Charms, Me as Buzz from Honeynut Cheerios, Stasia as the Quaker Oats guy, and Julia as Captain from Captain Crunch. 

1 comment: