Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ashley's Wedding!

A few weeks ago, I got the opportunity to attend my good friend Ashley's wedding. Ashley and I met on the first day of 6th grade and were best friends all through middle school. I spent a lot of time at her house eating pancakes with peanut butter, maple syrup and applesauce, playing life, watching movies, and spending time with her family. I have a lot of good memories from time spent with her.

I am really glad I was able to go to the wedding. The ceremony was really sweet and Ashley looked so beautiful. The reception was really nice. I loved the decorations. Of course they had Ashley throw her bouquet, and I stood in the back row not expecting or really trying to catch it.  Then of course what happened was the bouquet ended up about landing in my hands. I caught it! I thought it was pretty funny and sat down. They threw the garter and someone I didn't know caught it. What I didn't know would happen was that they would have me sit in a chair and have the total stranger who caught the garter reenact the scenario, by placing the garter up my leg. Can you say embarrassing? But I'm still here so I survived :) Now I can laugh about it.  It was pretty great day. I'm so glad I could be there for my friend on her special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment