Sunday, May 1, 2011

Oh how I love the Y!



 I have always wanted to hike Y mountain. Everyone who goes to BYU knows its something you have to do. This year I made it my goal to do and with Jess leaving on a mission it seemed like the perfect time because I'll be graduated when she gets back. The first reading day, my roommates and I decided to go for it and hike the Y. My birthday was 2 days before and everyone was really tired from studying for finals. We all went to Sensuous Sandwhich for dinner and then picked up my roommate Julia and went to start the hike. Here we are at the beginning. I remember saying "hey we're like halfway there already!"
Here we are taking a break at one of the many switchbacks on the trail. 

 Here we are at the top, sitting on the Y. We were so excited to finally have made it. We asked a guy with his young son to take our picture.

Jess and I sitting together on the Y. 


This is how we decided to get down from the Y... crab walking... 

                           
Remembering how we thought we were halfway at this point.. we were wrong..

2 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! How many miles is it to the top anyway? I like all your matching t-shirts!

    Now you are home . . . what are your summer plans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. its 2.5 miles round trip which isn't that bad but its pretty steep. I like that we are matching too. We did that on purpose. We all had those shirts from this year for the football games. They sell the shirts for 5 dollars. This summer I am just hoping to find a job. We are headed to Mark's Marathon this weekend and then in July I'm going to a good friend's wedding in Bellefonte PA. What are you guys doing for the summer?

    ReplyDelete